PHILADELPHIA (Oct. 19, 2015) – The Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office announced that 25-year-old Antuane Brown today entered a plea of no contest to raping four girls, ages 12 to 17, in separate incidences that took place in the Germantown section of the city.

“These four young girls and their families have gone through unimaginable pain and suffering because of what Antuane Brown did to them, and today’s plea of no contest makes sure he is punished for his crimes,” said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. “I’d like to thank the brave young women and their families for their help in building this case, the public who offered their tips and the Philadelphia Police Department for working with my office to find, arrest and prosecute the defendant.”

The incidents, which all occurred at gunpoint, occurred between March 19, 2013, and June 2, 2013

  • March 19, 2013 – A twelve-year-old girl was waiting to go to school at her bus stop when Brown, wearing a mask, approached and forced the girl into an alleyway off Price Ave. He then raped and sodomized her. Brown took the her school identification card and warned her that he would kill her and her family if she went to the police. The child ran home and her family immediately called the police.
  • April 23, 2013 – Wearing a mask at night, Brown confronted a seventeen-year-old girl at gunpoint and forced her down an alley behind an auto mechanic shop on Chelten Ave. He raped and sodomized her and threatened to kill her as she cried. He also took her identification card and warned that he would kill her if she called police. The victim ran home and her family called the police.
  • May 19, 2013 – A fifteen-year-old girl was walking on Wister St. at 10:45 p.m. when Brown approached her on a bicycle, wearing a mask and brandishing a gun. He forced her into an alley at Devon and Wister Streets where he raped her. The abduction was caught on surveillance video.
  • June 2, 2013 – A seventeen-year-old girl was walking on Chelten Ave. near Anderson St. when Brown, wearing a mask, shoved a gun into her stomach and ordered her to a field behind the nearby Loney Recreation Center. Brown then raped and sodomized the girl. Brown warned that if she screamed, he would kill her. The girl ran home and told her family who called the police.

Police publicly released a surveillance tape of the third abduction which led to several tips from the public about the rapist’s identity. On June 5, 2013, police served a search warrant at Brown’s home at 1100 E. Price St. and recovered Brown’s mask, gun and bicycle. The police also arrested Brown who was home at the time. Subsequent forensic DNA analysis of the rape kits and clothing recovered from each girl matched defendant’s DNA. All four rapes were committed within five blocks of Brown’s home.

The defendant will be sentenced on February 12, 2016, before the Hon. Donna Woelpper. He faces a maximum possible sentence of 320 years of incarceration. Assistant District Attorneys Branwen McNabb and Colleen McIntyre of the Offices’ Family Violence and Sexual Assault Unit successfully prosecuted the case.



%d bloggers like this: